APG Field Tech Tier I
Reports to: APG Manager
Read it all- get to know the role – treat employment like on-line dating
The Job: (all sexes welcome)
Are you a good Screen Printer interested in becoming a field installation technician? We have a mind blowing Automatic Press that ROQ’s- it will challenge your brain every time.
This position can be either contract or full time depending on your and our needs
- Earn some extra money (c’mon, who doesn’t need extra money?)
- Be away from home for days at a time (that could be good if your Mom wants some alone time or you are sharing a place with housemates that you drive crazy because you are too neat and clean)
- Travel to places you may have never thought of like:
- Loveladies, NJ or Husband, PA - yes we are truly equal opportunity, everyone qualified will be contacted
- Lonelyville, NY or Crankey Corner, LA (sounds like they may need cheering up with ROQ press)
- You can see other print shops and learn how truly awesome our ROQ Automatic Presses are.
Nothing replaces experience so here’s what it takes:
- Must be close to a major airport- sometimes there’s not a lot of notice.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Electrical experience – know how to use a multimeter with primary understanding of both AC and DC Voltage measurements as well as resistance or Hertz.
- Knowledge of compressor operations.
- Must read/understand electrical schematics.
- Must read/understand pneumatic schematics.
- You will travel up to 3 weeks per month.
- Have at least 3 years of screen printing experience.
- Effectively communicate verbally regarding technical issues. (you will be tested on this as this part is critical)
- Well-developed skills to clearly instruct others on machine operations in a hands on, interactive environment.
- You will be renting cars as you travel so these are non-negotiables:
- Must be at least 25 years old
- No DUI’s
- A Valid Driver’s license
- Valid Credit card (for reservations)
- At least 2 years of experience working without direct supervision, on your own and keeping to deadlines and a calendar BEING on time
- Working to the Ryonet values even when no one is looking
Effectively install equipment at client locations in a professional manner. Be able to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and pneumatic issues which may arise during the install period and proactively address those issues. Ability to train clients on the mechanical operations of the equipment, explain functions and answer interactive questions as to the proper use of the equipment. Ability to understand and be proficient, with proper training multiple hardware platforms used to address various aspects of our industries process applications
Areas of Responsibility:
- Equipment Installation
- Client training (equipment operation)
- Equipment troubleshooting
- Aid in equipment setup/teardown at tradeshows when necessary
- Document installation summary reports
- Deployment to locations for “service calls”
- Teardown and re-crating equipment that may be traded back in to Ryonet or purchased as used equipment by Ryonet.
- Continuing training as needed for new equipment added to the Ryonet product line.