Director of Culture and Team
Culture and Team
Reports to: CEO
Read it all- get to know the role – treat employment like on-line dating
The Job: (all sexes welcome)
This position is the translator and glue between the goals of the organization and the people responsible for achieving them. The culture is universal across every department and is the connection to creating an enduring, high performing (and fun) organization. This position will oversee Education,Workforce Development and Training.
- Incorporating the organization's values into every aspect of on-boarding, talent development, and team member development
- Represent the voice of the team member and customers to increase engagement and loyalty
- Educate first and follow up with skilled mentorship, implementing adult learning and workforce education
- Direct all culture initiatives, processes, education and training from top down; working with Directors to own the responsibility of their managers and teams
- Systematically spread Ryonet's culture through the use of leadership coaching, the delivery of robust training/development programs, and the oversight of all internal company communication
- Administrate the hiring process to maintain equal opportunity hiring from initial contact through 90 day review
- Manage a fully trained and active team of Education and Cultivation including budgetary design and accountability.
Areas of Responsibility:
Education, Workforce Development, Training, Leadership and Management
- Manage full team of Education and Culture Cultivation up to 5 direct reports
- Full fiscal responsibility up to $1 million
- Instill Equal Opportunity in all roles and responsibility
- All workforce discussions are filtered through this role
- Maintain workforce strategy in place
- Participate in all stakeholder meetings
- Align all Workforce Strategy, Growth and Development with CEO
Education – Internal / Community Outreach
- Oversee multi-reach platforms for education- ie; white papers, web, video, classroom
- Develop expandable Web options for external education and internal delivery
- Work with EVP/COO to develop training materials and documentation for workforce building, safety and departmental efficiency
- Contribute to and oversee creation of industry training and tech supported documents for current and future product and processes
- Extrapolate the RyoCares vision and develop sustainable program for community outreach
Training / Development- Internal
- Identify training and development needs through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with directors and above
- Train Directors and Managers on team performance analysis and training resolution
- Design and expand training and development programs based on the needs of the department and the individual
- Oversee robust training programs that help develop a knowledgeable and trusted team with the assistance of the training and development leader for deployment
- Oversee new team member orientation sessions and on the job training to ensure the organization's core values are on display and incorporated.
- Monitor Culture health and engagement through reviewing the progress of team members via feedback from Directors, Training and Development initiatives, and Staff
- On-Going research of new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning
Workforce development and strategy
- Develop and Implement an effective Change Management program to ensure that projects, staffing or structural changes do not adversely affect the organization's culture.
- Create a structure around compensation involving guidelines, market value, and merit.
- o Involved in all compensation discussions
- o Involved in strategy around compensation choices
- Drive loyalty through communication and teams
- Exemplify the Core Values of Ryonet and ensure mentoring includes these values as a guide to be personified from the top down
- Ensure that the evolving strategies, ideas and implementations generated at all levels of the organization are in alignment with our purpose and business imperatives.
Workforce Cultivation and Hiring
- Responsible for the workforce hiring process (Process, Systems, People)
- Fully understand FIT, use the CVI’s and champion their use
- Support morale and ambassadorship of growing the RyoNation
- Oversee Ryonet Education team on all Q&A’s and pre-qualifying interview schedule
- Use the CVI’s with focus on top 2-3 strengths; create and implement a review process using strengths, not weaknesses, as a measure of improvement.
- Design and implement SOPs for NetSuite hiring process, position profiles for PtP, job marketing outside PTP and expectations sheet for Directors and above
- Work closely with RyoNation cultivator to stay ahead of hiring needs
Metrics, Measurements & Reporting
- Develop programs with quantifiable objectives and measurable results
- Develop, present and manage the education and training budget
- Develop and report metrics and success criteria for all education and team development programs and activities, including customer loyalty, efficiency rates, engagement rates, satisfaction rates
- Monitor and report business metrics regarding engagement, efficiencies and revenues
- Own and maintain relationship with current HR solution
- Increase internal competencies
Experience and Education Required:
● Bachelor's degree in Education, Human Resources, or related Social Sciences field.
● 5-10 years of experience as a leader in Workforce Development.
● Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
● Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
● HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages, etc. required.