Reports to VP of Operations
This position is DOE and the pay is good for the right fit. Our AWESOME benefits and culture ROCK!! (FEW can match ‘em). If you require more $ please become a fan and wait til we grow. You can’t put a price on lovin’ where you work. Salary is #4 reason people stay or leave jobs, so what are your 3 reasons for looking?
The Job: (All Sexes welcome)
You will have your hands full and the first 6 months will seem totally new, and at times quite frustrating. Why, you ask? Where do we begin? We do things differently from the VERY BEGINNING and it will not take you long to love the process or realize that you prefer ‘conventional’ or ‘the way things have always been’ because you are used to them. Your position will contribute operationally to the teams that align with annual company initiatives. Provide the overview, road map, mentorship, processes and KPIs that will support sales goals and Ryonet’s overall growth strategy.
Lead the Purchasing Team, successfully executing product and inventory plans to drive high fill rates as well as high inventory turns. The successful candidate will be highly organized, passionate, flexible, results oriented, proactive, independent, and able to work in a highly demanding but friendly environment. This is a critical role in the organization, managing up to $7 million of inventory. This role will move at a fast pace and manage ambiguity daily.
Areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for tactical execution of company and functional strategies, programs and initiatives, managing inventory flow and levels in the face of high growth
- Ensures model compliance with company policies and procedures, supporting company mission & values with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Work with key business partners and senior leadership to fully understand strategic direction and supply requirements, corporate business objectives and priorities to develop plans and global/regional strategies for procurement of distributed goods
- With strong business acumen, this individual will support sound recommendations and provide clear visibility to risks and opportunities within the business
Execution of Inventory Strategy:
- Coordinate/implement purchasing programs, strategy, and initiatives
- Develop strategies to improve business continuity and improved vendor performance
- Review and maintenance of all setup in ERP system and purchasing software to insure timely and accurate purchase orders
- Collaborate with buyers to execute inventory and financial plans, managing stock levels, and address overstocks to ensure a healthy inventory
- Lead efforts to develop and maintain highly accurate product demand forecasts using Valogix, collaborating with other internal departments to incorporate product knowledge, market data, and business plans to ensure the highest possible service rates
- Provide regular analysis of business trends and recommendations that support effective inventory management to senior management & the inventory team
- Ensure team collaboration with vendors to facilitate timely and accurate demand forecasts to support financial objectives
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for cost control management and consistently looking for improvements (better vendor terms, prices, volume rebates, freight allowances, etc.) to aid in creating additional value for our customers.
- Responsible for sourcing new products, replacements of existing products, and second-source alternatives.
- Proactively managing vendor performance, including quality, lead times, and consistency.
- Responsible for timely communication with all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Work with suppliers to assure on time & accurate deliveries at the lowest possible price
- Represent the company’s best interest in negotiation of effective policies and pricing with suppliers and hold them accountable to the terms and conditions of contracts and agreements
Continuous Learning & Improvement:
- Ensure continuous improvement of team skills, capabilities, product knowledge, and processes
- Support development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with objectives of the purchasing department.
- Work closely with team to establish and update SOPs
- Participate in continuous teaching of systems, processes, SOPs, and procedures.
- Supports implementation of policies and procedures consistent with objectives of the purchasing department.
Directly supervises two or more employees in the Purchasing Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance.
- Must have all of the following:
- Served at least at the Manager level of a company with minimum revenues of $40M
- Sense of humor that involves laughter—the willingness to laugh at yourself
- Know distribution/3PL models and understand how they work
- Brought a company from manual processes to automation
- Track record of training, guiding, and mentoring team members
- Know technology (NetSuite or similar ERP), automation, and be comfortable in a paperless environment that leverages the business’s software resources to make things better