APG Technical Services Manager
Reports to: APG Director
Read it all- get to know the role – treat employment like on-line dating
The Job: (all sexes welcome)
Serve as Ryonet technical expert with the APG product line providing deep technical and engineering knowledge and services to the customer base and product line. Provide engineering support with launching of new products, processes, and services within the APG team. Support employee certification and ensure that all APG staff, customer success, and sales team have the basic knowledge and troubleshooting information in order to fully support the customer base. Provide both remote and onsite service support as required. Collect, analyze, report, and drive corrective / continuous improvement actions with vendors as it relates to Field Incident Reports and equipment failures.
Nothing replaces experience so here’s what it takes:
- Must be close to a major airport- sometimes there’s not a lot of notice.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Electrical experience – know how to use a multimeter with primary understanding of both AC and DC Voltage measurements as well as resistance or Hertz.
- Knowledge of compressor operations.
- Must read/understand electrical schematics.
- Must read/understand pneumatic schematics.
- You will travel up to 3 weeks per month.
- Have at least 3 years of screen printing experience.
- Effectively communicate verbally regarding technical issues. (you will be tested on this as this part is critical)
- Well-developed skills to clearly instruct others on machine operations in a hands on, interactive environment.
- You will be renting cars as you travel so these are non-negotiables:
- Must be at least 25 years old
- No DUI’s
- A Valid Driver’s license
- Valid Credit card (for reservations)
- At least 2 years of experience working without direct supervision, on your own and keeping to deadlines and a calendar BEING on time
- Working to the Ryonet values even when no one is looking
- APG representative for Ryonet New Products Introduction team accountable to ensure that all new equipment and equipment changes have been reviewed for acceptable service, intended design, and field readiness.
- Manage spare parts inventory to include:
- Recommend critical spare stocking for all APG product lines
- Recommended stocking levels of spare parts within Netsuite system
- Tracking and ordering of spare parts as needed
- Financial justification of spare stocking to ensure excess inventory is minimized while ensuring adequate stock levels to support customer outages.
- Provide the necessary technical knowledge and materials to the Customer Success Team, Sales Team, and APG team to ensure each team has the appropriate level of knowledge regarding APG equipment in order to fulfill their roles.
- Accountable for the FIR process to ensure that FIRs are properly documented and that the FIR issues are being properly addressed to the root cause to reduce or eliminate repeat calls.
- Develop knowledge base around FIRs to identify common issues and to ensure technical engineered solutions are created and in line with vendor and customer expectations.
- Develop and launch a service and warranty model that supports current and future fleet of APG equipment.
- Provide support from install perspective on new and advanced technologies in the field, working across the organization and with vendors to ensure successful install and customer training.
- Support Installation Manager with the qualification and certification of technicians on APG products.
- Provide customer technical support when required for electrical, mechanical, and operational issues or install guidance.
- Provide project management support for large complex installs at customer locations
- Provide shop set up support as required to include design layout, comment on existing layout, and optimization of shop floor.