Atlanta Ink Warehouse Manager
Reports to Director of Warehouse and Manufacturing
The Job: (All sexes welcome)
This position is for a dedicated distribution center manager. Dedicated to being the best, to standing at the line of action and taking charge, with an unwavering commitment to excellence. You will manage and lead people, fine tune processes, own and promote our core values, and ensure that customers get the kind of treatment you demand for yourself. This position manages the day to day operations of a 22000SF warehouse facility. Core responsibility is to ensure the safe efficient and effective execution of Warehouse operations with the highest level of customer satisfaction. This position must possess the desire and ability to be steadfastly devoted to our core values and support the continued growth of our business and people.
The warehouse manager will have a strategic role with planning, administration and general management responsibility, which will include day-to-day supervision of 10+ warehouse support staff, and overseeing work organized by a team of 3 department leads. Major execution activities include receiving, picking/packing, ink department pour down, and shipment of product to 3PL warehouse locations and customers.
This is a high volume operation that calls for hyper-attentiveness to detail, the ability to communicate clearly, set expectations, and lead with passion.
Areas of Responsibility:
- What You’ll Do
- Responsible for day to day operation of the warehouse, including receiving and put away, shipping and internal material movement
- Develop and implement new operating procedures to improve efficiency and control of the ink pour down process
- Do cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- Accurately complete regular transactions in our ERP system (Netsuite)
- Handle all the paperwork for product shipments to our distribution centers
- Ensure receiving is done on a timely and accurate basis
- Pour ink from drums down to pints, quarts, and gallons
- Ensure ink pours are accurate.
- Help with ink packing and shipment
- Personnel hiring and terminations.
- Manage a team of up to 10 people
- Ensure the warehouse is organized and clean at all times.
- Who You Are
- A focused individual that isn’t afraid of a hard work, is ready for a fast pace and loves to figure out the best way to get things done.
- Have at least a high-school diploma
- Experienced with warehouse and material management is required
- Competent with computer systems, including office, ERP systems (Netsuite preferred), and external systems for logistics management (e.g. UPS or FedEx shipping systems)
- 5+ years of work experience- preferably in a warehouse environment
Must have all of the following:
Must have skills: you must have ALL of these please
- · Min 5 yrs’ warehouse/Order fulfillment experience
- · Min 3 recent yrs Managing a Team of 10 or more
- · Managing to a budget- accountable for decisions
- · Min 3 recent yrs Transportation Logistics- Small and bulk freight
- · Min 5 yrs Distribution management
- · Warehouse Automation of at least 2 yrs (MRP)
- · PC/Windows – Tested at a midlevel skill (excel/outlook/word)