Reports to Purchasing Manager
Read it all- get to know the role– it’s like online dating
The Job: (all sexes welcome)
First and foremost, you must enjoy numbers….and listening to pop music. Still interested? Ok then let’s get down to what this job entails. This department works with 100+ Vendors and we set ourselves apart because we partner with only those who hold true to our Values. We are not held hostage to ANYONE. We are loyal to Vendors who are loyal to us and together we grow our businesses, through our customers. We sell the products that customers want, so we are continually evaluating the Market, Industry trends and competition to continue to be the best that we can be.
This group is solely responsible for the inventory of multiple warehouse locations across the US that are strategically stocked with our products. We are committed to distributing product to our customers by region, so if they “gotta have it” we can get it to them within 2 days. Our department is running numbers ALL DAY, along with working very closely with our Vendors to ensure that we have the accurate, timely, steady, and consistent product flow that we need. This is not an easy task when you are juggling 5000+ SKUs, working between manufacturing and warehouse, therefore there will be situations where tough conversations need to happen with our Vendors to be sure that we are providing the best service that we can; together. Travel will occur on occasion so be prepared for a trip or 3 a year in order to hold our vendors accountable as well as build strong relationships with them. This could mean a trip to the Ballpark or simply enjoying a glass of wine over dinner.
This is a fast paced and eagerly willing team, doing what needs to be done, even when that means being the first to arrive and last to go home. Greeting our walk-ins or filling in when someone needs attention. Our office is welcoming so be used to interruptions, even if it's just someone coming in to say hello. There is ZERO room for superiority, we are here to serve; it's one of our values. We strategize often, act sincerely, think deeply, type rapidly, talk quickly, and are accurate, organized and precise. We are always busy in an ever-changing industry, but we enjoy ourselves in here and like to have a good time. And truly, there is a plethora of pop music that is played in this room. Embrace it :)
Nothing replaces experience so here’s what it takes:
The Ryonet Mid-Level Buyer will have the skills that every Buyer has, they will be the basics as well as the right mindset. And for a company the size of Ryonet these are a must have so these are at minimum.
● Must thrive in a fast paced, high volume environment with many interruptions
● Be very comfortable on the phone, speaking clearly (we welcome bi-lingual applicants), write well, be clear and document
● Have experience building Vendor relationships and tracking discrepancies
● · Have efficient computer skills, know your way around an ERP system (we use NetSuite)
● Analyze industry trends and competitive markets to evaluate cost and risk conditions
● Intermediate-Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
● Be skilled at interdepartmental communications and be willing to adapt to understand their needs and get them to work together
● Be a liaison between multiple teams and departments for assigned products and Vendors
● Proactive mindset will be required to make quick decisions to resolve conflict and find solutions