Director of Warehouse & Manufacturing
Reports to CFO
We are a $40m manufacturing/distribution company and the pay is good for the right fit. Our AWESOME benefits and culture ROCK!! (FEW can match ‘em). If you require more $ please become a fan and wait til we grow. You can’t put a price on lovin’ where you work. Salary is #4 reason people stay or leave jobs, so what are your 3 reasons for looking?
The interview process:
You will have plenty of time to learn us, as our process will be a very active 4-8 weeks, depending on schedules and tons of information gathered on your own, as well as through the process. Your meetings with us will be an hour or two with every department that affects your areas of responsibilities.
Our responsibility in this process is to be transparent and open to the questions you will ask and provide you with clear expectations of the role. We will not sugar-coat the position or paint a picture of our company that is not realistic. We are proud of our culture, know that it works, and want people who understand who we are.
The Job: (All Sexes welcome)
You will have your hands full and the first 6 months will seem totally new, and at times quite frustrating. Why, you ask? Where do we begin? We do things differently from the VERY BEGINNING and it will not take you long to love the process or realize that you prefer ‘conventional’ or ‘the way things have always been’ because you are used to them. Your position will contribute operationally to the Executive Team by setting and executing the Operations initiatives that align with annual company initiatives. Provide the overview, road map, mentorship, processes and KPIs that will support sales goals and Ryonet’s overall growth strategy.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Any and all manufacturing facilities.
- Any and all ink production warehouses.
- Active participation in executive team meetings.
- Contribute to company strategy and direction planning.
- Create and implement a process management plan. Assess and select the one that will work best at Ryonet.
- Identify and implement system for continual updating and integration of SOPs with current processes.
Work with the Operations staff to:
- Create maps of existing processes.
- Evaluate those processes for improvement.
- Create and execute a plan for process change.
- Create training and implementation of those processes.
- Lead lean manufacturing efforts to maximize efficiency, quality, and capacity utilization.
- Evaluate assembly processes, supplies, workspace and leadership.
- Assess machines, maintenance, lean manufacturing processes and implement strategy.
- Assess and make changes where needed in facility arrangements.
Drive loyalty through the teams - Instill the Core Values- how our values were born clarity/strategy.
- Develop annual Operations budget.
- Present to CFO and work collaboratively on finalization
- Must have all of the following:
- Served at least at the Director level of a Manufacturing/Warehouse/Distribution company with minimum revenues of $50M
- Have at least 2 years implementing LEAN manufacturing
- Sense of humor that involves laughter—the willingness to laugh at yourself
- Created and held to a minimum $10M budget with decision making authority (you get what you need to do the job)
- Know distribution/3PL models and fully understand how they work
- Brought a company from manual processes to automation
- Track record of training, guiding, and mentoring managers
- Know technology (NetSuite or similar ERP), automation, and be comfortable in a paperless environment that leverages the business’s software resources to make things better