FILM AND EDITING SPECIALIST
Reports to Marketing Director
Read it all- get to know the role – treat employment like on-line dating
We are a $40m manufacturing/distribution company and the pay is good for the right fit. Our AWESOME benefits and culture ROCK!! (FEW can match ‘em). If you require more $ please become a fan and wait til we grow. You can’t put a price on lovin’ where you work. Salary is #4 reason people stay or leave jobs, so what are your 3 reasons for looking?
The Job: (all sexes welcome)
Ryonet is hiring a full-time Videographer to work in our Marketing Department whose main responsibility is creating video content for our YouTube channel, website, social media, and other digital channels.
With an aggressive production schedule of two short videos per week plus one longer-format, higher-concept production per month, the Videographer will need to balance quantity with quality, delivering consistent production values but first and foremost adhering to the editorial calendar and staying on schedule.
The Videographer will serve as the art director to execute videos from concept through to completion. Starting with input in the form of an outline or draft script, the Videographer will produce story boards or shot lists, schedule and coordinate video shoots including managing sound, lighting, and talent, shooting and editing footage, and other technical tasks related to production and post-production. They will also transport, set up, tear down, and operate equipment and staging. Some travel is required.
The winning applicant will be motivated and self-led, have strong communication skills, and be able to take charge and lead the way when direction is not forthcoming.
- Proficient with the Sony NEX-FS700, Canon 60D, Adjustable LED light panels and fixed can lights, and boom and lavalier mics
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder
- Experience with Davinci Resolve and/or Lumetri Color
- Knowledge of video codecs, specifically sony codecs
- Knowledge of editing techniques to catch and maintain viewer attention
- Understanding of photographic exposure and composition, and how these things relate to video i.e. frame rate, iso, aperture, focal length, rule of thirds, point of interest grid, etc...
- Understanding of color science and how to use available scopes (e.g. histogram, rgb parade, vector scope) for color correction
- Experience directing on-screen talent
- Ability to equalize and balance on-set audio, reduce noise and deliver finished videos with a balanced "mix"
Strong organizational skills and experience with DIT duties and media archive management a big plus.